connecting to an odbc data source

Post by Marcus Ballanc » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 06:17:52

I am running a mixed Netware and NT environment and I also use Microsoft SQL
Server for different apps. We are trying to setup SQL to poll NDS for
information such as usernames, telephone #s, etc. We have a valid ODBC
driver for NDS, (it works with all other applications including SQL on
various other tasks), but for some reason the linked server we created
returns Error 7301: Could not obtain a required interface from OLE DB
provider 'DTSPackageDSO'. We've tried setting up the linked server with the
ODBC connection directly and also through a DTS package. We don't have much
experience with SQL so any help would be appreciated. As I said we are able
to pull information from NDS, but it's intermittently and not realtime. We
would like when a request from a client comes in to the SQL Server, the
server polls NDS to retrieve the information.

Thanks,

Marcus Ballance

1. Connecting to an ODBC data source

I thought this posting  might help someone...

Supposing you want to display a table named ACCOUNTS from a SQL Server
database called FIN95 on a Delphi form.

1. Use ODBCADM.EXE to create an ODBC data source (let's call it
MYSOURCE) pointing to your SQL Server database.

2. Start Delphi and drop a DATABASE control on a form and set the
control's properties as follows:
ALIAS NAME --> MYSOURCE  (=the ODBC data source defined in step 1)
DATABASE NAME ---> FIN95
CONNECTED ---> TRUE

3. Drop a TQuery control on the form and set its properties as follows:
NAME-->QUERY1
DATABASE NAME--> FIN
SQL --> SELECT * FROM ACCOUNTS
ACTIVE --> TRUE

4. Drop a datasource control on the form and set its properties as
follows:
NAME-->DATASOURCE1
DATASET --> QUERY1

5. Drop a DBGrid on the form and set its DATASOURCE property to
DATASOURCE1

NOTE: MAKE SURE THE THE AutoODBC PARAMETER IN THE BDE CONFIGUTATION
UTILITY UNDER SYSTEM IS SET TO TRUE.

Thanasis

2. PDox4Win Report-Question

3. How to connect to an ODBC data source?

4. MFC7 and DAO 3.5

5. Need info on connecting to an ODBC data source via a third-part application/script...

6. arrays in SP

7. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

8. Help avoid Cursor to calc Correlation

9. Help:ODBC Data Source Admin doesn't show Names of new Data Sources

10. cannot add MSAccess 97 data source in ODBC Data Source Admin

11. Using ODBC Data Source to connect to DB2 in SQL Server

12. Connecting via ODBC without a data source

13. Connecting to ODBC data sources with no DSN