Restoring data from ver 6 into ver 6.5

Post by Martin Butche » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi can anyone help ? I am new to SQL.
I am trying to restore a datafile backed up from a SQL 6 server at another
site to a new installation of sql 6.5 running as part of Small Business
Server.
When I try the restore I get the following message
The database you are attempting to Load was dumped under a different sort
order id (32) than the one currently running on this server (52) and at
least one of them is a non binary sort order.
I have tried re-indexing the master datafile from setup but the list of
available sort orders just says Dictionary order case-insensitive. Since
according to the book I am reading the sort order ID 32 and sort order id
52 are both dictionary order case-insensitive I assume that it is a
difference between versions.
Any help as to where I proceed from here would be most appreciated !!

Restoring data from ver 6 into ver 6.5

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Martin,

The sortorder _id_ is a combination of Character Set and Sort Order. Your
dumpfile is apparently from Char Set 437, While your SQL Server that you try
to load into uses Char Set ISO/ANSI.

So if you rebuild your installation, Char Set ISO/ANSI and Sort order Dict
order, case insensitive, you should be able to load the dump.
--

MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP
Cornerstone Sweden AB

>Hi can anyone help ? I am new to SQL.
>I am trying to restore a datafile backed up from a SQL 6 server at another
>site to a new installation of sql 6.5 running as part of Small Business
>Server.
>When I try the restore I get the following message
>The database you are attempting to Load was dumped under a different sort
>order id (32) than the one currently running on this server (52) and at
>least one of them is a non binary sort order.
>I have tried re-indexing the master datafile from setup but the list of
>available sort orders just says Dictionary order case-insensitive. Since
>according to the book I am reading the sort order ID 32 and sort order id
>52 are both dictionary order case-insensitive I assume that it is a
>difference between versions.
>Any help as to where I proceed from here would be most appreciated !!

1. Triggers in SQL ver 6.5 and SQL ver 7.0

Hello,

I have a table called STUDENTS and STUDENTS_LOG.

I have created a TRIGGER on STUDENTS table that executes automatically when
I attempt to Insert or update the STUDENTS table.  The trigger adds a record
into STUDENTS_LOG using the INSERTED logical  table. This is to keep a
history of all modifications in the STUDENTS table.
------------------------------------
CREATE TRIGGER TRIG_STUDENT ON dbo.STUDENTS

FOR INSERT,UPDATE
AS

  INSERT INTO STUDENTS_LOG SELECT *  FROM INSERTED
-------------------------------------

STUDENTS table contains an IDENITY field.  I use a stored procedure to add a

other purposes.
STUDENTS_LOG table does not contain any IDENTITY fields

This operation worked fine with SQL ver 6.5

command in the TRIGGER

Why?

Thankyou for your time.

Gina Geurgis
The University of Queensland

2. Import to 8.1.6 on NT

3. how to upload data from Excel file (.csv file) into MSSQL table (ver 6.5)

4. Need help with Pro/Tem software - Notebook

5. How to Move my DAtabse from SQl 7Trial ver to SQl Server Full Ver

6. Linked Server - Excel

7. Microsoft sql7.0-client on odbc ver 2.65 and ver 3.70

8. US-NC-DEVELOPER (JAVA/J2EE/ORACLE)

9. Pls Help, how to use Ms Access Ver 2 in Visual Basic Ver 3

10. Difference between ver 4.0 and ver 5.0

11. server ver 7, client ver 8

12. free or trial ver of Sybase SQL Anywhere ver 5

13. will ver 4.1 run under HPUX ver 7?