SQL 6.5 Active/Passive upgrade to SQL 2000 A/P or A/A

SQL 6.5 Active/Passive upgrade to SQL 2000 A/P or A/A

Post by Remar » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:54:06

Hi,

I have a SQL 6.5 server on clustered servers (servers are clustered, SQl 6.5
is not).
I am interested in upgrading the SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000 in either a
Active/Passive or Active/Active configuration.
SQL 6.5 lives on shared storage of W2k Advanced server cluster now.  Plenty
more than 1.5x of current db size of disk space is free.

Are there any whitepapers or best practices containing directions on
performing this upgrade?
Should SQL 6.5 be upgraded than clustered, or can the clustering be done
during the SQL upgrade?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark G.

SQL 6.5 Active/Passive upgrade to SQL 2000 A/P or A/A

Post by Vishal Parka » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:06:07

Following this url
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q274446

Upgrade to a SQL Server 2000 Failover Solution Recommended for all
non-SQL Server 2000 Virtual Servers

--Vishal

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a SQL 6.5 server on clustered servers (servers are clustered, SQl
6.5
> is not).
> I am interested in upgrading the SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000 in either a
> Active/Passive or Active/Active configuration.
> SQL 6.5 lives on shared storage of W2k Advanced server cluster now.
Plenty
> more than 1.5x of current db size of disk space is free.

> Are there any whitepapers or best practices containing directions on
> performing this upgrade?
> Should SQL 6.5 be upgraded than clustered, or can the clustering be done
> during the SQL upgrade?

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Mark G.

SQL 6.5 Active/Passive upgrade to SQL 2000 A/P or A/A

Post by Remar » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:41:40

Vishal-
Thanks for the direction.  That document answered alot of questions which I
am sure are regular fodder for this group.

--Mark