Trying to merge data from test system to production system

Trying to merge data from test system to production system

Post by Harold Stonebrake » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 00:37:59

I am trying to merge data from a test system to data that is on the new
production system.  The Production system has some data on it and I have
even more data on the test system, I need to merge the two data sets as
the new production system has data on it that I do not have on the test
system.

Is there any easy way of doing this?
--

Thank You

Harold Stonebraker, RA, MCP

Trying to merge data from test system to production system

Post by Harold Stonebrake » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 04:55:41

I forgot some very important information.
        NT 4.0 SP6a
        SQL 7.0 SP 2
        IIS 4.0
        Quad PPRO 200 processors
        383 MB RAM

Some of the data on the production server will be the same as data on
the test system and some will be different.  The same will hold true for
the Test system.  So really we have three data sets that need to be
merged.  We have data A on both servers, Data B on the production Server
and data C on the test servers.  Would the best way to go about this be
to do a merge replication?

Quote:> I am trying to merge data from a test system to data that is on the new