Quote:> I have installed MSDE2000 on a WinMe machine and added one user. However
> when I try to connect I get the "Login failed" message. I am able to
> using the sa login name. Also everything works fine on another WinMe
> machine. Is it possible that this has something to do with the
> authentication mode?
Quote:> What do you mean by default database? The database exists since it works
> with the sa login?
1. Connecting to MSDE2000 on WinME via DUN
How can I connect to MSDE2000 on a remote WinME PC that is running
I can connect to the DUS via DUN, but it looks like port 1433 is not
open on the remote PC. I used a port scanner to verify this. The same
port scanner shows 1433 open on other SQL Servers. We've had no
trouble connecting w/DUN in the past to MSDE running on Win95
and Win98 PCs. We also have no problem accessing MSDE on
WinME over TCP/IP on a LAN.
So it seems that the WinME Dial-Up Server may be the problem.
Does anyone know more about this?
2. memory erro(failed to reallocate space) by AS
4. Q: Do you know about an OLE2/ActiveX ODBC browser/viewer?
5. Created login & user, but cannot login
7. MSDE2000 - How to determine number of concurrent users
8. US-GA-SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER / ORACLE
9. User Defined Functions in MSDE2000?
10. MSDE2000 - How to determine the number of concurrent users
11. VB6 developed on win2k, but deployed on winME&95 problem
12. Problem after upgrading to WinME
13. SQL Server login / users problem