Service pack 4 and password problem

Post by Dana Gupp » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

My Environment: NT4 SQL6.5, attempting to load Service pack 4 for SQL6.5.

After entering my SA password repeatedly at the prompt to no avail, I tried
using  blank passwords and I was able to proceed.

I am concerned about this, do I not have a password?

I installed SQL 6.5 as a service with auto start and SQL executive to load
at boot.

Was the problem that my SA password was in use already?

Any help; with this apparent security flaw will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Dana

Service pack 4 and password problem

Post by Kalen Delane » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

IT sounds like you didn't have a password when you applied the service pack.
Had you just loaded a backup of master?

Right click on logins and create another password for sa.

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP