ODBC Error while executing commands.

Post by John Anderso » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

We are getting an error when issueing an exec -  select on a group of
records,
then we loop and fetch the records one at a time.  Within the loop we do
an
exec-direct to update one of the retrieved records a time.  We get the
following ODBC error when doing the exec-direct to update:

     szSqlState: "HY000", pfNativeError: 0
     szErrorMsg: "[Microsoft][SQL Server ODBC Driver]
                     Connection is busy with results for another
     hstmt."

We don't have this problem when executing the same application against
 SQLAnywhere.  It sounds like a setup or connection issue
to me.  Are their ODBC connection
settings which need to be set for SQLServer that would fix this?

John Anderson                 Phone:(512)-278-5430
Software Development Manager

ODBC Error while executing commands.

Post by Xavier Joh » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q143/0/32.asp

Regards,
Xavier

--------------------------------------
Remove nospam_ to replay

1. jdbc-odbc problem with Java execute Command

howdy!
i have a program that runs fine with jre command , but if i try to run
it with the Jdk, using the java command, it fails!

the problem is after the executeQuery!

Statement       stmt;
ResultSet       rs;
(...)

rs = stmt.executeQuery(_qry);

if i do jre MyClass,it works
if i do java MyClass ir fails! throwing a resultset not found
exeception!

any suggestions?

thanks!

Luis Burnay

2. Convert SQL2000 database to SQL7.0 please help

3. Command.Execute with parameter works with ODBC provider, fails with Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

4. Need help with DAO recordset changes in VB 5.0

5. Oracle ODBC drivers RDO

6. PRB: Executing DDL commands in Fox via ODBC

7. command.execute didn't get executed sometimes

8. command.execute vs. connection.execute

9. error while executing store procedure command

10. execute command error

11. C++ runtime error when using Command.Execute with a parameter