FreeTDS vs Inline TDS: Problem with Inline TDS

Post by Marcos Sánchez Provenci » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:59:51

> I'm attempting to access a SQL Server 2000 DB from Linux using ODBC.  My
> setup is
> Python --> mxODBC --> unixODBC --> <ODBC Driver> --> SQL Server

> When I use the Inline TDS driver directly from unixODBC, all queries
> return the correct results, but the final line is always "-1 rows
> affected".  The FreeTDS driver returns the correct results as well as the
> correct number of rows affected.  The incorrect "rows affected" from
> Inline TDS seems to be causing problems with mxODBC.

> Has anyone experienced this same problem with Inline TDS's driver?

> Are there any other suggestions for querying against SQL Server 2000 from
> Python running on Linux?

> Thanks
> Sandeep

You may try
 http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/sybase/
compiled with FreeTDS. It does not allow parameters in queries AFAIK. You
may ask at the db-sig list to get more precise answers.

1. FreeTDS vs Inline TDS: Problem with Inline TDS

I'm attempting to access a SQL Server 2000 DB from Linux using ODBC.  My
setup is
Python --> mxODBC --> unixODBC --> <ODBC Driver> --> SQL Server

When I use the Inline TDS driver directly from unixODBC, all queries return
the correct results, but the final line is always "-1 rows affected".  The
FreeTDS driver returns the correct results as well as the correct number of
rows affected.  The incorrect "rows affected" from Inline TDS seems to be
causing problems with mxODBC.

Has anyone experienced this same problem with Inline TDS's driver?

Are there any other suggestions for querying against SQL Server 2000 from
Python running on Linux?

Thanks
Sandeep

2. IT Exam Guides 7212

3. unixODBC - Inline TDS Driver 1.6 - Data in result set is empty

4. SQLMail vs SQLAgentMail

5. Unknown token received, Protocol error in TDS stream, TDS buffer length too large

6. SQL Server 7

7. java.sql.SQLException: [TDS Driver]Error in the TDS datastream: data(238) greater than block(27)

8. Unknown token received, Protocol error in TDS stream, TDS buffer length too large

9. Inline Table Functions: Static values vs. Variable Parameters

10. Inline View VS @Table_Variable