SQL Server 2000 on XP Home Edition

Post by Davi » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 05:59:29

I've installed the Microsoft SQL Server200 Evaluation
Edition onto my home laptop that has Windows XP Home
Edition. When I attempted to start the service I
receieved an error:

sqlmangr.exe - Ordinal Not Found

'The ordinal 29 could not be located in the dynamic link
library odbcbcp.dll'.

Could someone shed some light on this for me. It would be
greatly appreciated.

David

SQL Server 2000 on XP Home Edition

Post by Jack Richin » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 07:27:33

This usually happens when you have a DLL mismatch - the program expects one
version of a DLL (which contains certain function) but finds another (that
is missing the expected function). If you've just installed and haven't
rebooted, that's one of the first things I'd try.

Jack Richins

Quote:> I've installed the Microsoft SQL Server200 Evaluation
> Edition onto my home laptop that has Windows XP Home
> Edition. When I attempted to start the service I
> receieved an error:

> sqlmangr.exe - Ordinal Not Found

> 'The ordinal 29 could not be located in the dynamic link
> library odbcbcp.dll'.

> Could someone shed some light on this for me. It would be
> greatly appreciated.

> David

SQL Server 2000 on XP Home Edition

Post by Simon Liao[M » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:29:21

Hi David,

It is probably caused by the MDAC. You may try this:

1. Delete the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
\CurrentVersion\Setup\ExceptionComponents

**Note that please backup your registry before you delete the key.

2. Reinstall the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition

Hope this helps!

--- Simon Liao

1. cannot install SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP home edition

Greetings,

I am unable to install SQL Server 2000 Personal edition on my machine
running windows XP Home edition. According to the SQL Server web site,
 that is a valid configuration.

I have reinstalled MDAC just in case, even though the SQL Server setup
reinstalls it as part of the installation. I am using the default
install
with Typical settings. I have tried different combinations in the
install,
such as NT authentication vs. SQL Server authentication, but did not
have
any success. The setup always fail after the files are copied and the
install attempts to configure SQL Server with my settings. I have
included
the last lines of the sqlstp.log. I believe it has to do with the
settings
under which to run the services. I have been only able to use "local
system"
as the account for sqlsvr.exe and sqlagent.exe. For some reason any
other
account that I choose, is not recognized as an account in my domain.
remember,
I am using XP Home Edition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CD

sqlstp.log
-------------------
Starting Service ...

SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

-m -Q -T4022 -T3659

Connecting to Server ...

driver={sql server};server=HP;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

driver={sql server};server=HP;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

driver={sql server};server=HP;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

SQL Server configuration failed.

23:06:27 Process Exit Code: (-1)
23:06:31 Setup failed to configure the server.   Refer to the server
error logs and C:\WINDOWS\sqlstp.log for more information.
23:06:31 Action CleanUpInstall:
23:06:31 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SqlSetup\Bin\scm.exe  -Silent 1 -Action 4
-Service SQLSERVERAGENT
23:06:31 Process Exit Code: (1060) The specified service does not
exist as an installed service.

23:06:31 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SqlSetup\Bin\scm.exe  -Silent 1 -Action 4
-Service MSSQLSERVER
23:06:31 Process Exit Code: (0)
23:06:31 StatsGenerate returned: 2
23:06:31 StatsGenerate
(0x80000000,0x1,0xf000000,0x0,1033,303,0x0,0x1,0,0,0
23:06:31 StatsGenerate -1,Owner)
23:06:31 Installation Failed.

2. merge errors

3. sql server 2000 trial software on xp home edition

4. paradox or dbase?

5. installing ms sql 2000 server in windows XP home edition

6. H E L P !!! HOW CAN I SHOW A REAL TIME VIDEO OF MY CAMERA BY VB5 ?

7. How to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home Edit

8. Filemaker as a front end for Dbase III database

9. SQL 2000 on XP Home Edition - Connection Is Slow

10. Installing SQL Server on a XP Home Edition PC

11. Installing SQL Server in Windows XP Home Edition

12. Getting SQL Server client/ODBC driver for XP Home Edition

13. SQL Server 2000 and Windows XP Home