I have run SQLHDTST on the server, and it passed the integrity test.
The procedure I took to build the corrupted tables are:
1) sp_rename the old
2) create a new table, load data from old, then create indexes, and
grant permission to public
3) delete from system tables like sysobjects, sysindexes, etc..all
references to the corrupted table
4) place in single user mode (confusing part)
after typing sp_dboption dbname, single user, True...it still tells me
I'm not in single user mode
It says to run RECONFIGURE, do you do this after typing the above
5) place system to allow updates (another confusing part)
I type sp_configure "allow updates", 1
Do you type CHECK POINT afterwards?
6) run dbcc fix_al
7) changed sp_configure "allow updates", 0
from the command prompt; run bldmastr /d c:\sql\data\master.dat /r
to set all configuration back to their default
8) run dbcc checkdb
How do you place it back to multi-user mode? Anyways, I lost the
corrupted table, and re-create again.
Now I can't seem to delete the old corrupted table. I deleted all
references from the sysobjects. Still the same.
Please someone help!