Connection to SQL server having NT auth

Post by Sachi » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:54:03

How do I connect to a SQL server that has NT
authentication. I mean what would a typical
connectionstring look like ?? do i need to provide
anything else alongwith the DSN ??

-- D

Connection to SQL server having NT auth

Post by MKer » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:52:18

Have the string "Trusted_Connection=yes" in-addition to
the strings DSN etc...

MKera

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by MKer » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:52:23

Have the string "Trusted_Connection=yes" in-addition to
the strings DSN etc...

MKera

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How do I connect to a SQL server that has NT
>authentication. I mean what would a typical
>connectionstring look like ?? do i need to provide
>anything else alongwith the DSN ??

>-- D
>.

Connection to SQL server having NT auth

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:16:03

You can do it without a DSN. You can find examples of ADO
connection strings at:
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

--Sue

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:54:03 -0800, "Sachin"

>How do I connect to a SQL server that has NT
>authentication. I mean what would a typical
>connectionstring look like ?? do i need to provide
>anything else alongwith the DSN ??

>-- D

1. NT auth works, SQL Server auth doesn't

I can connect to my SQL Server if I use NT authentication, but when I switch
to SQL Server authentication in the System DSN I get an error that the user
isn't associated with a trusted connection.  When I go to the server,
though, the user ID has been added as a Login, with System Administrator
privileges and owner rights to the databases.  Is there something else that
must be done to make a user "trusted"?

2. How do I set Default values in Screen Builder 2.6A

3. SQL Server 7.0 - Security - NT Auth.

4. stored procedure results

5. Accessing SQL Server without having an NT account

6. Arrays in T*SQL

7. log file

8. Having Problems with SQL SERVER 6.5 and ASP connection

9. 3COM Total control Radius Auth server - SQL server

10. Citrix - SQL NT User Group Auth Problem

11. NT authentication vs. SQL auth