MS ACCESS 97/Sql server 6.5: deadlock problems when accesing server tables

MS ACCESS 97/Sql server 6.5: deadlock problems when accesing server tables

Post by Bernd Rosen » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

we are using ACCESS 97 as front end and SQL Server 6.5 as back end.
When more than one workstation is running our programm these
workstations are more and more often in a "deadlock" state, it seems
they are locking each other out. When this occurs, we are not able to
access the locked server table directly by ISQL/W, too.

Mostly, we access the tables by opening Dynasets by OpenRecordset,
some recordsets are kept globaly open. Actually, the "deadlcok" occurs
when one stattion tries to update a modified recodset to the data
source. My ACCESS doc tells me that ACCESS is not locking linked
tables at all, so _who_ does all this locking ???

Is there any good documentation which tells me exactly what happens
inside ACCESS and SQL Server when ACCESS accesses linked tables ?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers, Bernd

1. SQL Server 6.5/ACCESS 97: deadlock problems when accesing server tables

[...]

2. SQL Query help

3. MS ACCESS 97/SQL server 6.5: deadlock problems when accessing server tables

4. SQL Server Agent: SQLSTATE IM006

5. MS Access 97 connect to SQL Server 6.5 Problem

6. pgsql/doc/src/sgml rules.sgml

7. How to migrate from MS Access 97 to MS SQL server 6.5

8. Absolute Position in Table

9. Connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5 via MS Access 97 and ODBC

10. MS-Access 97 to SQL Server to MS-Access 97

11. Upsizing ms-access 97 db-backend to sql 6.5 server backend

12. Ms Access 97 to Sql Server 6.5