Can't create an instance of Sqlinitx with CreateObject method

Can't create an instance of Sqlinitx with CreateObject method

Post by danny mansou » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 03:46:37

Hi there,

I'm programming Microsoft replication activex controls.
When I try the below statement:
Set xx = CreateObject("SQLINITXLib.SQLSnapshot")
I get the erro:
ActiveX component can't create object

I can not add a reference to the Microsoft SQL Snapshot
Control 8.0 in my application.  I do have to use
CreateObject.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks a million.
danny

Can't create an instance of Sqlinitx with CreateObject method

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 03:44:41

Are you sure you have the replication ActiveX controls are installed on the
machine on which you are programming? In VB, can you add a reference to
these objects, to see if it works at all in the first place?
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

Hi there,

I'm programming Microsoft replication activex controls.
When I try the below statement:
Set xx = CreateObject("SQLINITXLib.SQLSnapshot")
I get the erro:
ActiveX component can't create object

I can not add a reference to the Microsoft SQL Snapshot
Control 8.0 in my application.  I do have to use
CreateObject.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks a million.
danny

Can't create an instance of Sqlinitx with CreateObject method

Post by Danny Mansou » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 04:41:20

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I do have the replication ActiveX controls
installed and I can reference the snapshot and merge controls in a VB
project.  I do have a VB project that works with those controls on the
same machine.  I'm easily able to create an instance of
SQLDMO.SQLServer2 or any class in the SQLDMO library using CreateObject,
but not for the snapshot and merge controls.  I actually tried this on
multiple computers that have those controls and I got the same error.

Thanks,
Danny

Can't create an instance of Sqlinitx with CreateObject method

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 04:43:15

Okay. I don't have an immediate answer for this now. But will try it on my
own and post an update tomorrow.
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I do have the replication ActiveX controls
installed and I can reference the snapshot and merge controls in a VB
project.  I do have a VB project that works with those controls on the
same machine.  I'm easily able to create an instance of
SQLDMO.SQLServer2 or any class in the SQLDMO library using CreateObject,
but not for the snapshot and merge controls.  I actually tried this on
multiple computers that have those controls and I got the same error.

Thanks,
Danny

1. Error: ActiveX can't create object (createobject)

Hello,

I have a DTS ActiveX script that uses the following code:

SET FSO = CREATEOBJECT("SCRIPTING.FILESYSTEMOBJECT")

The package runs fine on my machine (Sql 7.0 desktop installed).  I run the
same package on a client's machine, and I get the following message:

ActiveX component can't create object (createobject)

Can anyone shed some light on this!

Thanks,

Bill

2. displaying the "backup device location" programatically

3. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

4. Embedding SQL in Perl Script

5. RDS problem: Error 4100: Method 'CreateObject' of object 'IDataSpace' failed

6. Oracle Express <- MS SQL 6.5 via ODBC

7. Permission denied: 'CreateObject'

8. REPLICATION SET UP

9. Help With CreateObject Method

10. Which ActiveX supports 'CreateObject' function

11. Can't create instance on Redhat 7.0

12. Can't create instance

13. DB2 6.1/Solaris 7: Can't create an instance