Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
Quote:> I read somewhere that when you peform a back-up binary files are not
> Is this true? If it is true, is there a workaround?
1. Converting full database back-ups to Flat Files
We are an NT shop currently supporting SQL Server 6.5. We have a
requirement to copy the one of the daily backups of our production
server database on tape on a weekly basis. The constraint is that the
database (.DAT) backup file MUST be converted into a FLAT file before
it can be copied on the tape. Is there any SQL Server or non-SQL Server
utility which will accomplish this please. (BCP is not being considered
as a possible solution here as it exports only individual tables of the
database in character format).
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sent via Deja.com
3. Hot Back-ups from Raw File Systems
4. Exporting and Carriage Returns!
6. PROBLEM: server hangs after client dead
7. store exe file inside the db
8. An Example of: Inserting a binary file into an Oracle DB
9. How to load binary files into Oracle DB?
10. How to load binary files into Oracle DB ?
11. I/O Contention Oracle binaries, DB File Placement on 4 mount points
12. How to load binary files into Oracle DB?