isqlw

Post by Ken » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:39:11

I am trying to run a SQL file (1003del.sql) stored
procedure which includes this script:

use codaprod
go
pr_cog_del1003

and I'm running from a batch (1003del.bat) file

c:\mssql7\binn\isqlw.exe -S CODA_NT -U isqluser -P
isqluser -I h:\Codacog60\SQL\1003del.sql -O c:\pubsout.out

The SQL Server Query Analyzer opens but the stored
procedure will fire.  I am using SQL Server7 on WIN XP
PRO.

Any suggestions on how i do this correctly.  thank.

isqlw

Post by oj » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:49:50

If you want to execute the script then use osql instead.

--
-oj
RAC v2.2 & QALite!

Quote:> I am trying to run a SQL file (1003del.sql) stored
> procedure which includes this script:

> use codaprod
> go
> pr_cog_del1003

> and I'm running from a batch (1003del.bat) file

> c:\mssql7\binn\isqlw.exe -S CODA_NT -U isqluser -P
> isqluser -I h:\Codacog60\SQL\1003del.sql -O c:\pubsout.out

> The SQL Server Query Analyzer opens but the stored
> procedure will fire.  I am using SQL Server7 on WIN XP
> PRO.

> Any suggestions on how i do this correctly.  thank.

1. Failed to Run ISQl or ISQLW to Extract Info For one Group of Records

I am experiencing a very strange problem.  I cannot run ISQL or ISQLW
to extract records that match a key when I am issuing the command in
command line mode.  When I run ISQLW (Query Analyzer) in interactive
mode, I don't have any problem using the query.  The summary of this
problem are:

-   The SQL command is something like:

    select
       keyfield1,   keyfield2,   keyfield3,
       otherfield1, otherfield2, otherfield3
    from TestTable
    where keyfield1 = "12345" and keyfield2 = "001"

-   This problem only occurs in command line mode.  Not in interactive
mode.

-   This problem doesn't occur in other group.  For example, the
following similar query is working fine:

    select
       keyfield1,   keyfield2,   keyfield3,
       otherfield1, otherfield2, otherfield3
    from TestTable
    where keyfield1 = "12345" and keyfield2 = "002"

-   I have examined the data about the group of records that are
causing problem, and I don't find anything unusual about them.

-   I have tried DBCC CHECKTABLE('TestTable') and DBCC CHECKDB, and I
don't find any problem.

Thanks in advance for any info on this problem.

Jay Chan

2. Wanted: Compiler for FoxPro 2.6

3. OSQL vs ISQLW

4. Memory not being released

5. isql and isqlw

6. system 10 upgrade questions

7. isqlw on german pocketpc: error 25046 connecting to us sqlce database

8. Need help on ProgressBar during a FTP session

9. Cannot open NorthwindRDA with ISQLW

10. isqlw hangs

11. Set default DB in ISQLW?

12. Different results in Query Analyzer(7.0) and ISQLW(6.5)

13. isqlw command not formatting text correctly