ODBC Problem Sql Server & Access (Bug is already reported to MS)

ODBC Problem Sql Server & Access (Bug is already reported to MS)

Post by Dieter Hari » Sun, 22 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Try the following construction in a VB5 Program
Dim Sql as string
Sql ="Select <field1> From <table> Where <field1>  ='<value1>' and <field2>
= '<value2>'"
<rdo>.Sql=Sql
<rdo>.Refresh        'assume there is 1 record in the resultset!
<rdo>.ResultSet.Edit
<rdo>.Resultset(<filed1>) ='value3'
<rdo>.ResultSet.Update
after having done that, in the whole table <field1> is changed from <value1>
to <value3> for all records having
<field1>=<value1>!!
If <field1> is a joinfield then adios database
That error occurs even with the latest MDC V1.5 ODBC Drivers
Hi D. Harig

1. Can crystal report access MS Access ODBC driver in Window NT server

Hi.
Currently I created a crystal report using V7.0 and attached the report
inside Visual basic 5. Meanwhile I have set up a MS Access ODBC driver onto
Window NT but there is not MS Access ODBC driver in Window workstation, my
question is can I write a program to access MS Access ODBC driver in Win NT
server?
The below is my program source code:-

Crystalreport1.connect = "dsn=ttlink;uid=sa;pwd=;dsq=Administrator"
Crystalreport1.Reportname = "\\server\rpt\item.rpt"
Crystalreport1.Action = 1

note: ttlink is the above said MS Access ODBC driver in Window NT server

Regard
Tony

2. Rollback

3. MS-Access, SQL Server, ODBC & CreateTable

4. Java + DB + maintaining connection?

5. WA-SEATTLE-88419--DBA Skills-MS SQL Server-MS ACCESS-Crystal Reports-SYBASE-UNIX

6. Combining CONTAINS and CONSTAINSTABLE

7. Access 97 - ODBC - MS SQL Server Problem

8. diffrence between MS Access & MS SQL Server

9. Solution to MS SQL Server ODBC access problem with Delphi

10. MS ACCESS 97/SQL server 6.5: deadlock problems when accessing server tables

11. Applet, JDBC-ODBC and MS ACCESS and MS SQL server

12. Connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5 via MS Access 97 and ODBC