i'dont know the device sizes, I've data device & log device , how to get data back to a new database

i'dont know the device sizes, I've data device & log device , how to get data back to a new database

Post by giridha » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

i 've copied the data device and log device of the database before it was re
installed.

can i get the data back into the database ?? how so?

i'dont know the device sizes,that were previously existing on the server ?

thanks in advance

i'dont know the device sizes, I've data device & log device , how to get data back to a new database

Post by Michael Hote » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Try disk reinit and disk refit.  If you don't get it right when you run disk
reinit, it will tell you the correct size.

Mike

1. Backup error - Can't open dump device or device off line

I am currently running SQL Server 6.5  on Window NT (sp3).  Whenever I
try to schedule a backup to run automatically, I get the error
message:

Can't open dump device.  Device error or device off line.  Please
consult the SQL Server error log for more details (message 3201).

When I run the backup manually (instead of scheduling the backup - run
it at through the Backup/Restore screen), the backup works fine.

Is this problem related to the rights assigned to my SQL executive
account?  If so, what rights does this account need?  If not, any
ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Andrea Ballard
Database Administrator/Application Programmer
Premier Service Systems, Inc.

2. Unidata Job - Boston

3. I've data device & log device , how to get dat back to a new database which i create

4. Administration Client for Linux

5. Data device size is -ve number????

6. maximum no of databases within sql 7.0

7. INTERNET SQL

8. Data/Log devices on new Sun fast wide SCSI MultiPack don't work

9. Knowing what's in a dump device?

10. trans device and data device