SA is not owner of database need to change

SA is not owner of database need to change

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:08:38

 You can run sp_changedbowner to change
ownership to a temporary login and then run sp_changedbowner
and to change the ownership to sa and drop the temporary
login you used.

--Sue

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 06:51:28 -0800, "kyleo"

>SA isn't the owner of the database but we need to make it
>the owner.  When I run the sp_changedbowner 'sa' against
>the database, I get the message 'the proposed new database
>owner is already a user in the database'.  Anyone ever run
>into this issue before?

SA is not owner of database need to change

Post by MIchael Kabilnitsk » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:39:49

I ran exactly into this problem, and fixed it by detaching and
reattaching the database.

1. Change database owner to sa.

I attached a database to a new server and, unfortunately, I was connected as
by my Windows account. I seen in the group here how to do this a few months
ago but the message has expired.

I have tried sp_changedbowner but it says that 'sa' is already a user. If I
remember right the fix had something to do with creating a temp user,
assigning dbo rights or something like that (that why I'm asking).

Please help.
--
Regards,
Charles E. Deaton

2. How to create multiple destination rows in DTS

3. Changing the online database owner to sa

4. CLIENT PERMISSION

5. A database owner is not reconized as a database owner

6. MAPI Spooler Problem

7. change db owner from sa to another login with sysadmin provilege

8. Nuclear bombing of NEW YORK!

9. non sa owner viewing sa owned jobs

10. database is created with owner 'sa',

11. Change DB owner/Table owner

12. change sa password, then jobs do not run

13. Change sa password in MSDE not taking