Exporting Tables using Data Transformation Services

Exporting Tables using Data Transformation Services

Post by Kevi » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Dear all

I tried to export tables from one SQL Server database to another SQL Server
database using the DTS. All tables are copied to the 2nd database except
tables primary keys and indexes. Is there any option I need to set for
copying the indexes as well?

Thanks

Kevin

Exporting Tables using Data Transformation Services

Post by Mike Meerdin » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I hate using DTS  or export and import because they miss things like
triggers and stored procedures.
I tend to use backup and restore when copying databases as it preserves all
of that sort of stuff.

Mike.

Quote:> Dear all

> I tried to export tables from one SQL Server database to another SQL
Server
> database using the DTS. All tables are copied to the 2nd database except
> tables primary keys and indexes. Is there any option I need to set for
> copying the indexes as well?

> Thanks

> Kevin

Exporting Tables using Data Transformation Services

Post by Richar » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Are you using DTS "Copy" ? - This only copies data.
Using DTS : Transfer Objects and Data... should transfer the primary keys
You need to check Create Destination Objects , Drop Destination..., Inlcude
all dependent...
And I found it had trouble with Users and Roles : got an error message :
"The Login Already has an account under a different name"
This was avoided by unchecking Use Default Options,
and then unchecking Transfer Database Users and Database Roles.

Richard

Quote:

> Dear all

> I tried to export tables from one SQL Server database to another SQL
Server
> database using the DTS. All tables are copied to the 2nd database except
> tables primary keys and indexes. Is there any option I need to set for
> copying the indexes as well?

> Thanks

> Kevin

1. Btrieve to SQL Server using Data Transformation Services and Data Direct ODBC Driver

I've created a Data Transformation Services package in Enterprise
Manager that has a Transform Data Task to convert Btrieve 6.15 records
to SQL Server 2000 rows. When I execute the package from within
Enterprise Manager, the task works fine. However, when I schedule the
job to run thru the SQL Server agent, the task fails with the message
"[MERANT][ODBC Btrieve driver][Btrieve]The Record Manager is not
loaded." The only way I can get the task to execute as a scheduled job
is to bring up my DDF Builder utility while I'm running the job, in
which case the task executes successfully.

Except for the Btrieve data on an NT server, everything is on my
Windows 2000 machine (SQL database, DTS package).  I'm using the
"MERANT DataDirect Connect ODBC Version 4.00 for Windows" driver, and
the Btrieve data is retrieved using the Btrieve 6.15 for Windows NT
Server Edition.

2. Unable to Get Mining Model Algorithms

3. SQL6.5 to SQL 7.0 using Data transformation services does not copy indexes etc over

4. ALTER DATABASE MODIFY FILE not recognizing valid logical name

5. Using Data Transformation Services in web application

6. Raw devices: how to

7. Using Data Transformation service functionality in a web application

8. Ann: Microsoft SQL Server DTS: Tips and Tricks Using Data Transformation Services chat

9. from SQL 7 NT to SQL 7 Windows 98 - Win 98 with DTS Data Transformation Services

10. SQL 7.0 Data Transformation Services - Can not transfer all objects

11. SQL Data Transformation services

12. Data Transformation Services