Recommendations Needed for Adhoc Query Tools

Recommendations Needed for Adhoc Query Tools

Post by Robert Ambrog » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

We are creating a system that sits on top of a Microsoft SQL Server 6.0.  The database should not
be too terribly complex, but our users are not at all computer literate.  My team and I are.  We
would like to provide a reporting system for our end users, and have looked at several
products:

Impromptu
IQ
Business Objects
Esperant.

I have not used any of these products before, and have no experience with this kind of tool.  I
would appreciate any response.

Please respond via email:

Thanks,
Rick Carragher
EDS

1. Recommendations Needed for Adhoc Query Tools

We are creating a system that sits on top of a Microsoft SQL Server 6.0.  The database should not
be too terribly complex, but our users are not at all computer literate.  My team and I are.  We
would like to provide a reporting system for our end users, and have looked at several
products:

Impromptu
IQ
Business Objects
Esperant

I have not used any of these products before, and have no experience with this kind of tool.  I
would appreciate any response.

Please respond via email:

Thanks,
Rick Carragher
EDS

2. Suspending Data File Updates????

3. visual adhoc query tool

4. Can't find destroydb

5. Adhoc Query Tool Evaluation

6. "ADO could not find the specified provider."

7. Adhoc Report Writers & Query Tools

8. Sybase vs Oracle (on Alphas)

9. Need recommendation of SQL Server Reporting tools

10. Need recommendation for SQL compare tool.

11. X based DBA tools -- need recommendations

12. Query Building Tool Recommendation Wanted