SQL Server for Access 2000 (here's another dumb blonde question from me)

SQL Server for Access 2000 (here's another dumb blonde question from me)

Post by Sar » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 23:49:41



Hiya people,
I've got a data access web site(client-server) to build for my project
and I wanted to know if SQL server is free with win2k or is it sold
seperately?

If it's not free then how will I be able to build a data access web
site(accessing a database from the internet)?

Will I still be able to use an Access Projects database(.adp) instead
of a normal Access database(.mdb)?I'll be using Frontpage and PHP as
well on a Windows2000 system with Office2000.

Thank u so much,
Sara

 
 
 

SQL Server for Access 2000 (here's another dumb blonde question from me)

Post by Eddie W. Strou » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 01:54:57



Quote:> Hiya people,
> I've got a data access web site(client-server) to build for my project
> and I wanted to know if SQL server is free with win2k or is it sold
> seperately?

SQL Server is NOT free. There is a personal version you can get to use for
development. It comes packaged with the MS Office Developers Edition and can
be distributed with your application.

Quote:> If it's not free then how will I be able to build a data access web
> site(accessing a database from the internet)?

Besides the obvious of buying SQL Server, you could use ACCESS as your
database. You would be limited performance wise.

Quote:

> Will I still be able to use an Access Projects database(.adp) instead
> of a normal Access database(.mdb)?I'll be using Frontpage and PHP as
> well on a Windows2000 system with Office2000.

Yes
Quote:> Thank u so much,
> Sara