Procedure to convert an Access table to a MSSQL table

Procedure to convert an Access table to a MSSQL table

Post by Mike » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:08:39

I would like to convert an MA Access table to a SQL
table. Does anyone know where there is good documentation
on this procedure?

Thanks,
MIke

Procedure to convert an Access table to a MSSQL table

Post by John Bel » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:16:55

Hi

Have you checked out the Access upsizing wizard?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/off2...

John

Quote:> I would like to convert an MA Access table to a SQL
> table. Does anyone know where there is good documentation
> on this procedure?

> Thanks,
> MIke

1. Converting Paradox Tables to MS Access Viewable Tables...

Hallo Folks:

I am trying to convert Paradox Tables to MS Access viewable
tables...  I have tried going through the Route:
File -> Get External Data -> Import
I can open up the .db file but nothing is visible in it...  i.e. I don't
see any of the data that I had stored...  Would this have
something to do with queries...  I have only used
queries for retrieving Data from php Scripts via ODBC...  And
have no clue as to where else they ought to be used or
on how they help with functionality of Tables in DataBases
(I haven't worked with DBs much...)...

Could someone please help...

Kondwani Spike Mkandawire
CS Intern. Memorial University
(Newfoundland, Canada)

2. SQLServer and Access

3. Access 97/SqlServer 7: Appending Access Tables into Sql Server tables doesnt work for big tables

4. Triggers and current user

5. Drop table error in MSSQL 6.5 and MSSQL 2000

6. D3: is there some bug in DBGrid?

7. Joining MySQL, Interbase, Birdstep, PostgreSQL or MSSQL table with Oracle tables

8. Help file generator for Data Dictionary?

9. Oracle Table to MSSQL table

10. very large table from access 97 to MSSQL server

11. Access97/Sqlserver7: Appending Access tables into Sql sever tables doesnt work for big tables

12. Converting procedure code from Oracle to MSSQL