CREATING A/C FROM SQL SERVER TO SOLARIS UNIX

CREATING A/C FROM SQL SERVER TO SOLARIS UNIX

Post by M.Kha » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have created user a/c on sql server and want to create  account on unix at
the same time using sql server 6.5, how can i call apis of unix in sql
server and how can i create a/c on unix.

CREATING A/C FROM SQL SERVER TO SOLARIS UNIX

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

You would have to use an extended stored-procedure - you could use xp_cmdshell
and rexec.  Alternatively there are products out there that will synchronise
Unix and NT userids.

Quote:> I have created user a/c on sql server and want to create  account on unix at
> the same time using sql server 6.5, how can i call apis of unix in sql
> server and how can i create a/c on unix.

 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see
 http://go.compuserve.com/sqlserver (library 1) - latest stuff is always here
 www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp

1. GA-Atlanta-261131--ORACLE-UNIX-Solaris-SUN-Windows NT-Database Administrator (DBA)-Oracle/UNIX/Solaris

=
Company    : Think Resources, Inc.
Website    : http://www.thinkjobs.com
Job Title  : Database Administrator (DBA)-Oracle/UNIX/Solaris
Location   : Atlanta, GA
Job Type   : Full-Time Salaried
============================
Think Resources, Inc. (THINKJOBS.COM) is Atlanta's staffing link between
technical personnel and technical jobs. Serving the Southeast, Georgia and
metro Atlanta area since 1988, THINKJOBS.COM has used state of the art
technology to successfully place more than 5,000 professionals into new
positions.

A fast growing, Atlanta based CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) has an
immediate need for a Sr. Oracle DBA with 4+ years of experience. You will be
responsible for all aspects of the Oracle database. This includes supporting
functions of design, implementation, administration, problem resolution and
performance tuning. Experience with Oracle 7.x and 8.x are needed. You must be
able to install the Oracle database on a UNIX server, preferably Sun. Any
experience with Windows NT Server is helpful. Excellent pay and benefits. Stock
options included!

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
Preferred Degree         :OPEN
=
Required Skills
* ORACLE
* UNIX
* Solaris
* SUN
* Windows NT
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : 17229
Recruiter

** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** AltaVista   *** ClassifiedsWarehouse
   ** erpcentral.com   ** Classifieds 2000     ** Usenet Newsgroups
           ** VBOnline.com   ** ORASearch.com

2. progress and asp

3. SQL Server for UNIX/Linux/Sun Solaris

4. Data Migration- SQL 7 to DB2

5. OH-Cleveland-109868--SunOS-Solaris-UNIX-SQL-Solaris Unix Administrator

6. Querying concurrent user on databases.

7. 18440-PA-HARRISBURG-SQL-ORACLE-UNIX-Solaris-C-Client/Server-CGI-HTML-HTTP Protoc

8. Oracle sqlplus error: sp1<lang>.msb not found

9. OH-Cleveland-109868--SunOS-Solaris-UNIX-SQL-Solaris Unix Administrator

10. 18440-PA-HARRISBURG-SQL-ORACLE-UNIX-Solaris-C-Client/Server-CGI-HTML-HTTP Protoc

11. OH-Cleveland-109868--SunOS-Solaris-UNIX-SQL-Solaris Unix Administrator

12. NT MS SQL SERVER 6.5 to UNIX ORACLE 8 on Solaris