SQL 2000 - switch from Enterprise edition to Standard edition

SQL 2000 - switch from Enterprise edition to Standard edition

Post by Asle Jens » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:56:12

Is it possible to degrade from Sql server 2000 Enterprise edition to
Sql server 2000 standard edition?

1. MS-SQL 2000 Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

I've been comparing both editions from Microsoft's website and I
pretty much understand all the differences. However, I have a question
about the Online Backup feature.
For what I understand, the standard edition has to be offline to
execute backups and doesn't support differential backups.

- Did I misunderstand the chart?
- If no, what are the consequences on the backup strategy?
- Does it mean that we have to take all databases offline everytime we
want to back them up?

2. default field values

3. Downgrade from SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition

4. Stored Procedures

5. Urgent!!- Problem installing SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition

6. Asking a huge favor

7. installing sql 2000 personal edition on same machine as sql 7 standard edition

8. Bit-Mapped Indexing Routines----Beta Testers Wanted

9. SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition on NT 4 or Windows 2000 Server Edition

10. Upgrading SQL server standard edition to enterprise edition

11. SQL 7.0 Standard Edition vs. Enterprise Edition

12. Standard edition VS Enterprise edition SQL 7.0