Newbie's Connection Problem: SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition

Newbie's Connection Problem: SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition

Post by Peter Randal » Wed, 09 May 2001 01:17:58

I've just installed SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition from CD on Windows 2000
Server using the default settings and I am trying to access it (for the time
being) by a local client connection.  Immediately following the installation I
was able to open the installed (default) instance in SQL Server Enterprise
Manager.  I've since re-started the server, and now can not connect: error
message is

   A connection could not be established to <server name>

   Reason: SSL Security error
   ConnectionOpen(SECDoClientHandshake())...

Does anyone know how to clear this, please?

Many thanks

Peter

Post by Peter Randal » Wed, 09 May 2001 01:18:02

I've just installed SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition from CD on Windows 2000
Server using the default settings and I am trying to access it (for the time
being) by a local client connection.  Immediately following the installation I
was able to open the installed (default) instance in SQL Server Enterprise
Manager.  I've since re-started the server, and now can not connect: error
message is

   A connection could not be established to <server name>

   Reason: SSL Security error
   ConnectionOpen(SECDoClientHandshake())...

Does anyone know how to clear this, please?

Many thanks

Peter

1. Problem in upgrading expired SQL 2000 Evaluation Edition to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

Hi friends,

Im have done my Uni final year project using SQL 2000 evalauation edition,
now  the evaluation edition had expired, I had search the web for the
solution and found this article
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/5/74.ASP but it says,
run the setup from a retail version of SQL 2000 CD and Select the "Upgrade
your existing installation" option. When i run the setup using the developer
edition, that option was disabled in the setup screen, i only can either do
a New Instance setup or Advance setup.

Can anyone pls help me out in this, i need to recover my database so badly..

Thanking in advance
muraly

2. Informix Performance on Two Ultrasparcs

3. SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Setup Problem

4. does Have as protecting the data of a bank SQL-SERVER? - To what extent is that true

5. To rotate Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition in Windows 98 IF

6. Good name for new lock type for VACUUM?

7. SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Fails

8. XML Load into SQL Server

9. SQL Server 2000 evaluation edition

10. SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Release A (Protects Against the Slammer Worm)

11. How to Determine When SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Expires

12. MSDE (Office 2000) vs SQL Server 7.0 120-day Evaluation Edition

13. Downloading Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Evaluation edition