logon failure when logon as admin with service rights

logon failure when logon as admin with service rights

Post by Les Caud » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

In the services, I changed the MSSQLSERVER to log on as the
Administrator - which has rights to log on as a service.

I get a logon failure, just like I used an invalid username/password.

event id 7013:

Logon attempt with current password failed with the following error:
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

event id 7000
The MSSQLServer service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.

Ther username and password exist.  They have all the rights there are.
I can change this to the Administrator's account on the PDC and it
runs just fine.  Why can't I start MSSQLSERVER using the computer's
admin account with rights to log on as a service?
--

1. OLAP Logon Failure NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON - HELP!

We are trying to process some data in Analysis Service 2000 - on a machine
dedicated to the task.

It is currently running Windows 2000 Server - Service Pack 1. I only
installed Analysis Services on the machine - did not install SQL Server as
the machine is only going to be involved in processing cubes.

Currently, we hit the box with either Proclarity or our own MDX queries. I
looked at the event log this morning for the application and I see a whole
string of login errors with the following text:

"Relational data provider reported error: [Login failed for user 'NT
AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.;42000]."

Is this the login that Proclarity uses? What is happening here and how do I
correct it? I did look in the list of users for the machine and the domain -
and found the reference to NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON and added it to the
list of both olap admins and Local machine admins but the error continues.
Also, I am sure this plays havoc with the security of the box.
Unfortunately, I have to get some data to a client so....

Any ideas?

Michael E. Roselius

Database Administrator

The Gallup Organization

wk - 402-486-6071

cell - 402-730-4531

Life is a never-ending series of trials.

The best we can do is wear a tie and hope the judge shows leniency.

2. event timer for foxpro DOS

3. SQL 7.0 Service Manager error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure

4. How install I-connect in UNIX

5. SQL service Logon Rights

6. recordcount returns 1 when there are no records!

7. MSSQLServer service fails to start due to logon failure

8. history log for a table question ?

9. Error 1069 - Service did not start due to a logon failure

10. error 1069 - (The service did not start due to logon failure)

11. Error 1069 (SQL Server Service Did Not Start Due to a Logon Failure)

12. Error 1069 - The Service did not start due a logon failure

13. Service not started due to logon failure 1069