learning SQL

Post by Jim » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi
I just bought the "Learn MS SQL Server 7" by Jose Ramalho to learn the
programing aspect of the SQL.  I am wondering what is the correct setup
for the evaluation copy of the SQL server 7 included in the book?  Do I
have to have a server in order to learn SQL programing?  I installed it
on my win95 and NTworkstation but only the client part are installed,
how can I test the server part of the program?  What other resources are
good for learning SQL database programing?

thanks

Jim

1. Newbie question: Best way to learn SQL (for use with SQL Server)

I am new to both SQL and SQL Server, I have experience with VB programming. I am
looking to use SQL Server as a backend to a VB frontend. I know a little SQL but
not enough to write the sort of stored procedures I require to query the
database.
Can anybody recommend a good website or book that will bring me up to standard
with SQL and/or SQL Server stored procedures and views etc?
Thanks,
James.

2. Perf Mon Error

3. SQL Server 7 MCDBA trying to learn SQL Server 2000

4. Free SQL Server security webcast by Microsoft's Girish Chander

5. Seeking Advice on Learning SQL Plus and PL/SQL

6. Valuelist-content sorts different when printed...

7. help to learn SQL 7

8. Discussion on OS/2

9. Please recommend BOOK(s) for VFP guy to learn SQL Server 7.0 quick

10. Where to learn SQL?

11. Learning SQL 7.0

12. learning SQL and databases

13. Good Book for a Beginner Who Wants to Learn SQL