Record written to two separate databases and we do not know why.

Record written to two separate databases and we do not know why.

Post by R.J. Tyle » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:52:31

We are using SQL 7.0 with an Access 2000 front end and we have production and
development versions of each database that are completely separate.  Yesterday
one of our users entered a record into the production version of the database and
it appeared in the development version as well.  We were able to reproduce the
problem once when we entered a record in the development version and it appeared
in the production version.  We have checked the connections, stored procedures
used to enter the record, and cannot explain why the record would jump from one
DB to another without being specifically directed to do so.  Has anyone ever
encountered this problem and what was the solution?  Any help or suggestions
would be appreciated because we are currently at a loss.  My email address is

Thank you.

1. Joining two tables from two separate Access databases

I want to join two tables from two databases. In this case two Access
databases using the JDBC-ODBC bridge.

Does anyone know if it is possible??????? It must be possible.

Next question is how?????

The final result would be a ordinary table join as if the two tables were
being joined in the same database, however, they are not.

Any advice would be great.

Szermierz

2. Overflow error

3. never done this NOW i know why I can't

4. An Update Statistics query

5. VB6: when inserting by ADO record is not immediately written to database

6. US-NY: Melville-Oracle DBA/Developer

7. AWT in JAVA

8. Synchronize two separate databases

9. opening and displaying two separate databases

10. Joining tables from two separate oracle databases possible

11. Create One Record Set from two Tables located in Two Databases

12. Write record to two tables