DTS import task and memo field in dbf

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:52:02

Hi DTS  gurus,

    I'm importing dbf files into SQL Server database. My dbf files contain
some memo fields containing binary/text data more than 64K. I'm annoyed by
failure of DTS package to import these fields. I tried it programmatically
using ADO, but scenario is same. Can anybody please help me doing this task
successfully.

Thanks

DTS import task and memo field in dbf

Post by Hans Blomm » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 06:47:13

I'm having the same problem here... This is also the case when importing
from a Jet-database.

Quote:> Hi DTS  gurus,

>     I'm importing dbf files into SQL Server database. My dbf files contain
> some memo fields containing binary/text data more than 64K. I'm annoyed by
> failure of DTS package to import these fields. I tried it programmatically
> using ADO, but scenario is same. Can anybody please help me doing this
task
> successfully.

> Thanks

1. memo field export/import in DBF

If there is the need, to import/export ASCII files
into a DBF file, like required in some messages this
week, a database is free with this feature.
Try ftp.rrz.uni-koeln.de, path /pc/msdos/database/tag.zip.
The database uses memo field text import/export, very
fast instead of typing some lines of text.
Some information about a CD-ROM is included in the file,
with a large number of XBase files and publisher.

2. help on trigger..

3. exporting SQL 2000 data into FoxPro dbf with DTS (problem with memo field)

4. Error converting data type int to smalldatetime

5. exporting SQL 2000 data into FoxPro dbf containing memo field with DTS

6. Edit Bulkinsert task properties in C# when enumerating PackageClass.Tasks

7. DTS Import from dBase III with memo fields

8. PDOXWIN4.5 Mailing label printing problem

9. DTS Transform Data Task fails in job where DTS Execute SQL Task does not

10. DTS Custom task in C# and threading model of DTS C# custom tasks

11. Convert field memo from DBF to SQL table

12. Exporting DBF with Memo Fields to MS Excel

13. CONVERT FOX DBF TO PDOX DB (MEMO FIELD ALSO)