Missing transactions in Transactional replication.

Missing transactions in Transactional replication.

Post by Samm » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:10:51

Dear,

I have 2 transactional replication on 2 different server(publisher) and both
of their subscriber are the same.
I found that the subscriber missing some replicated transactions of server A
and no problem with server B.
But in the server A 's replication history, it no error.
It this the problem of server A or the problem of the subsrciber?
Anyone have seen this kind of error before?
Thx.

Best Wishes,
Sammy

Missing transactions in Transactional replication.

Post by Emaniel Chekelea [M » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:13:39

Hi Sammy,
First of all, what version of SQL Server are you running..?

The questions I would ask myself when I notice such inconsistences with
replication are :

1. Is the method I used to check for inconsistencies correct..?  Consider
using sp_publication_validation to validate the articles..check SQL Server
BooksOnline for more details.
2. Is it possible that the logreader moved the transaction to the
distribution db, but the distribution agent hasn't moved them to subscriber
yet ..?  Use sp_browsereplcmds to check that out.  Also check the history
of the distribution agent.  Take a close look at the delivery latency.
3. Do you have any horizontal filters defined on the articles..?  You can
check that by running sp_helparticle.
4. Check to see if the subscription to the publication exists and has
either experied or has been deactivated.  Either use the Enterprise Manager
or sp_helpsubscription to verify that.
5. Are only specific type of transactions not getting replicated ..? If the
subscriber does get most of the transactions but only some it doesn't get,
then investigate further by using -Output and profiler traces into the type
of the commands that are getting replicated and the ones that aren't.
6. Also check to see if the any deletes (from applications other than
Replication agents) are happening on the subscriber resulting in missing
transactions.  Profiler would be a perfect tool to figure that out, you
could also place some audit trigger on the table(s) exhibiting the
behaviour to monitor the INS/UPD/DEL activity.

I am pretty sure the above will help you get started on a troubleshooting
road.  But if  you are having difficulty figuring out what is going on,
then consider opening a support call with Microsoft PSS.

Thanks
Emaniel

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.