Renaming the text file name as either a source or destination in DTS

Renaming the text file name as either a source or destination in DTS

Post by Chris Wubbehors » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

    I am plodding throught the DTS right now. I need to export and import
text files. The names of these files will change incremenatally as we are
using FTP to get and put them (if any has any examples on FTP from DTS it
would be great)

    Is there a way to change the source and destination text file name in a
package programatically. I am guessing an activex task can be written to
mimic a GUI dts package. I do not know Activex scripting.

    Does anyone have any examples to do this. I ran the Scriptpkg program on
my designer, but I think I am missing the point on where to run that script
from.

Thanks to all,

Christof Wubbenhorst

1. Renaming the text file name as either a source or destination in DTS

Hi all,

    I am plodding throught the DTS right now. I need to export and import
text files. The names of these files will change incremenatally as we are
using FTP to get and put them (if any has any examples on FTP from DTS it
would be great)

    Is there a way to change the source and destination text file name in a
package programatically. I am guessing an activex task can be written to
mimic a GUI dts package. I do not know Activex scripting.

    Does anyone have any examples to do this. I ran the Scriptpkg program on
my designer, but I think I am missing the point on where to run that script
from.

Thanks to all,

Christof Wubbenhorst

2. Updating Tables in SQL Server

3. FTP Task: How Do You Dynamically Change the source file name and Destination File name

4. read quicktime files

5. DTS Package Designer - Change Destination/Source File Name Dynamically

6. XML Oracle problem

7. Naming the Destination Text File in DTS with current date and time

8. VECTOR MANAGEMENT IN RELATIONAL DATABASES?

9. DTS: Using table from Source and table from Destination to create new table in Destination

10. Creating a DTS CSV File Source/Destination Connection

11. DTS Q04 - Load multiple destination tables from a single source file

12. Handeling Data while transforming data from a Source Text file to a Destination Database Table

13. Importing a Text File via DTS and adding the File Name as a column via DTS