how to debug user defined function

Post by Hen » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 00:39:24

How can i debug an user defined function (sql 2000)?

I want to debug, for example, the ISOweek function from the books online.
I have tried it with the print statement but an error occurs.

--
Computer Technology Systems B.V.
Scherpenzeel GLD, The Netherlands

how to debug user defined function

Post by Kalen Delane » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 04:09:25

The only thing you can debug is stored procedures. But if you call the
function from a proc, when you debug the proc, it will step through the
function and allow you to debug it.

HTH

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP

Quote:> How can i debug an user defined function (sql 2000)?

> I want to debug, for example, the ISOweek function from the books online.
> I have tried it with the print statement but an error occurs.

> --
> Computer Technology Systems B.V.
> Scherpenzeel GLD, The Netherlands
> http://www.cts-bv.nl

how to debug user defined function

Post by Hen » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:01:38

Many thanks!!!!!!
Quote:>The only thing you can debug is stored procedures. But if you call the