Error handling - Getting fully formatted error msg in SQL

Error handling - Getting fully formatted error msg in SQL

Post by Mandar Sahan » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to trap a fully formatted error message within SQL 7.0
stored procedure?

find a way to get a fully formatted error message corresponding to the
error message.

sysmessages is not much of a help as it just is the template for the
error, not a fully formated error.

Error handling - Getting fully formatted error msg in SQL

Post by KNV » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do from T-SQL. Many many
customers are requesting this feature. I don't know when these SQL Server
program managers will decide to implement this SMALL, and SIMPLE feature.
It's surprising to see that we don't have such an obvious feature.
--
KNV
Check out http://members.tripod.com/~vyaskn/SQLServerRes.html for SQL Server

Is it possible to trap a fully formatted error message within SQL 7.0
stored procedure?

find a way to get a fully formatted error message corresponding to the
error message.

sysmessages is not much of a help as it just is the template for the
error, not a fully formated error.

1. msg 2627, error handling

Hi there

I'm stuck with this problem:
I want to intercept and handle "Attempt to insert duplicate key in object
..."
I'm a Delphi-programmer and I would like to use something like the try -
except statement !!

Is it possible to act on an error if it occurs in a stored proc.

Here's the sourcecode

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_Create_Fleks_Maaned_Record

AS

INSERT INTO Fleks_Maaned_Bruger
        (Cpr, Aar, Maaned)
VALUES

<<
If the INSERT statement failes how can i know ?????

Please help

Thank You in advance

--
Allan Bentsen
http//:www.4d.dk

2. Time-out with stored procedures???

3. Error handling under SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0, @@error doesn't work

4. Is sp_thresholdaction buggy in System XI?

5. Collection of ADO Recordsets and/or ADO Connections

6. SQL Server 7: Error Msg - Error: 1222, Severity: 16, State: 50 Lock Request Timeout period exceeded

7. database suspect

8. Urgent Deadline-Getting Error Msg - newbie

9. PicLan 1.9.1.14 err msg: Error getting Server Information

10. Getting Initialization and shutdown in progress error msg while connecting with sqlplus

11. field MSG = varchar(8000) - but getting an error: max Len of 128

12. Getting error msg with Pro*C