Importing last days data from AS400/DB2 to SQL7

Importing last days data from AS400/DB2 to SQL7

Post by SHL » Sat, 13 May 2000 04:00:00

I have a package importing a huge sales table (6 bill. rec.) into SQL7 using
a Hit Oledb provider.

I want to append all yesterdays transactions to the table every night.

The dates are stored like 20001005 on the AS400

e.g. something like:
select * from Salesdata where Date >=
(select max(sql7.Date)
    from Salesdata
)

any suggestions?
cc

Importing last days data from AS400/DB2 to SQL7

Post by Mark Locket » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi

(not on an AS/400: but we use
 SELECT ...... WHERE Date >= Getdate() - 1

GetDate() returns current date - sometimes need to be careful  if it also
includes time

>I have a package importing a huge sales table (6 bill. rec.) into SQL7
using
>a Hit Oledb provider.

>I want to append all yesterdays transactions to the table every night.

>The dates are stored like 20001005 on the AS400

>e.g. something like:
>select * from Salesdata where Date >=
>(select max(sql7.Date)
>    from Salesdata
>)

>any suggestions?
>cc

1. Importing data from DB2/AS400

When I use the Import Data Wizard to import data from
DB2/AS400 using and ODBC connection (Client Access) and I
reach the drop-down list of all existing source files on
the AS/400, the list looks like this:
  "*N"."AS400LIBRRAY"."FILE01"
  "*N"."AS400LIBRRAY"."FILE02"
  "*N"."AS400LIBRRAY"."FILE03"
  etc.

Question: What is the "*N" preceeding all the file names?
I can not get rid of it and SQL always rejects the
selection with an error message saying "Unexpected error
occured. The provider has returned an error result without
an error mesage.". Not usefull at all.

Can anyone help please ?
Thanks.

2. Order Entry List Items.

3. Oracle DB2/AS400 Access Manager and Oracle DB2/AS400 Transparent Gateway and UNIX connectivity

4. Searchable Database of Software Products

5. japanese data from db2/as400 to db2 NT

6. ON UPDATE CASCADE in DB2 6.1.0

7. No data being collected in sysmaster:sysptprof

8. SQL7 - DTS - Copying tables to DB2/AS400

9. Importing physical and logical files from the AS400 to SQL7

10. Trying to import logical files from AS400 into SQL7

11. *** HELP - I can't see or import AS400 logical files into SQL7 ****