problem with running winword macro from SQL job

problem with running winword macro from SQL job

Post by Dianna Brade » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 04:55:02

I have had this setup and all is running fine, until they change the user
who start my SQL server and SQL Aganet I can no longer make a call to
winword running a macro.  Word just seems to hang, and I have to open up
Task manager and kill Winword.

Code is like:

/mOpenFaxBlast'

I have not had a problem with this piece code before they changed the user
who start my services.

Any clues?.....

thanks,
Dianna

problem with running winword macro from SQL job

Post by Allan Mitchel » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:41:09

MS strongly discourage server side use of office

see
Q257757

That said it does sound like a permissions thing.

If they are your services then why are they changin the account without
first testing the ramifications ?

That drives me nuts.  We have it where I work.  They call it "Keeping you on
your toes".  I call it something else........

--

Allan Mitchell
www.allisonmitchell.com

> I have had this setup and all is running fine, until they change the user
> who start my SQL server and SQL Aganet I can no longer make a call to
> winword running a macro.  Word just seems to hang, and I have to open up
> Task manager and kill Winword.

> Code is like:

> /mOpenFaxBlast'

> I have not had a problem with this piece code before they changed the user
> who start my services.

> Any clues?.....

> thanks,
> Dianna

problem with running winword macro from SQL job

Post by Dianna Brade » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:58:46

Same here, they call it "Security".  I found out it was because the
Macro's I was using wasn't in the normal.dot for that new user who
starts up the SQL and SQl Agent.

Thanks

1. DDE Winword Macros

I found the answer.  Thought I would pass it along.

if not mydde.open("winword","System") then
       mydde.open("C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft
office\\Office\\WINWORD.EXE","System")
   sleep(5000)

   if not mydde.open("winword","System") then
      msginfo("HI","HI othing done")
      return
      endif
endif
sleep(1000)
hold  = "[FileOpen \"C:\\app\\DDF_Files\\rdetail.seq\"]"
;issues file open command in word
mydde.execute(hold)
sleep(1000)

;this line is the key.
hold = "[Toolsmacro.name=\"Removeit\",.Run]"
mydde.execute(hold)

http://x3.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=389121443&threaded=1&CONTEXT=9178...

that references many other links in VBA reference and is quite usefull.
Hope this helps someone else
mark

2. ORA-01002 :Fetch out of sequence

3. Help for dde winword / demande d'aide sur dde winword

4. Outer Join problems (long, technical, examples)

5. Help! Running a job from a running job

6. help...database system

7. Running Access from VB4 ?(macro and sql)

8. Web Design & Ecommerce

9. FPW 2.6 and RUN WINWORD

10. Running WINWORD V7 from Paradox V7

11. Problem running DTS script from Query Analyzer or Job in SQL Server 7 SP1

12. Problem running DTS script from Query Analyzer or Job in SQL Server

13. problems running jobs in Sql 7.0!