1. trouble restoring a DB, trouble deleting half-restored DB
I need to do the following:
- using a complete DB backup (created nightly using a maintenance
plan -- mostly using defaults)
- from a clustered SQL7 SP1 server running under NT4, SP6
- that is the publisher for 2 replications, one merge, one simple
- that runs on a "shared" drive f:, a RAID system
- I need to restore the backup on a non-clustered system (NT4 SP6,
SQL7, SP2) onto drive c:, remove the replications, and then begin some
I seem to be having trouble restoring. I manually changed the drive f:
(that the backup rememembers) to c: for the DB and the Logs. The
restore seemed to work OK, but I'm left with a DB that shows no
contents and shows "still loading" in Enterprise Manager.
When I try to delete it (I now have 2 of these, both with the same
name) I get an error:
21776 ... <DB name> not found in the database collection. if the name
is a qualified name, try  ...
Any ideas what I need to do to get out of this bind?
(I can type the entire error message if that would help.)
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
2. +o Hartford_New Haven-CT - Web Administrato, HTML, Lotus Notes, Solaris, Oracle, Visual Basic o+
3. Replication Merge...subscribing
4. Dual processors
5. Subscribe to SQl Server DTS
7. publish and subscribe
8. MSSQL 6.0 and Performance Monitor
9. Error when subscribing to Merge replication
10. subscribing to os390 DB2
11. Lost permissions on tables in the subscribe database
12. Subscribing to an Article Only