ODBC character translation (OEM to ANSI)

ODBC character translation (OEM to ANSI)

Post by Andreas Bechere » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello...

we are (still) developing an Access 2.0-application on Windows NT 4.0
(SP3) against a SQL-Server 6.5 (sp4) over ODBC 2.65.0281. All machines
are running with "German(Germany)" locale, the server uses CodePage 850.

Our customer complains about -characters converting to ")" or "_"...
now we are investigating the issue (By the way - I'm open for any
insights about the how and why of this specific phenomenon...)

Right now I am specifically interested in any information about the
exact rules of character conversion on ODBC level. Is there a listing of
character tales and mappings used by ODBC or the CodePage Translators ?

Thanx for any help you can give me...

A. Becherer
Sema Group CGTec GmbH, Mainz, Germany

ODBC character translation (OEM to ANSI)

Post by Brandon PEIRC » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

The first thing to check is whether the OEM - ANSI translation is activated
in the ODBC Data Source.

You might also be able to deduce the translations or see what's happening by
comparing the code pages. Search for 'about character sets' (title only) in
Books Online.

--

Principal Support Engineer
IMS HEALTH Strategic Technologies