How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO

How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO

Post by Marti » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO before
calling it?
We have a local working set that contains group.field items we'd like to
query the SQL server database using stored procedures to return information
based on the local information.

ie

LocalFtx.CreditType = 4
LocalFtx.Amount = 100
LocalFtx.ValueWedontknowyet

code to Query the stored procedures parameters collection

code to assign the local values to the input parameters collection where the
names match

Call stored procedure passing in parameters collection

Return values into local working set where names match

Thanks in advance Martin

How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO

Post by Stefan Zschock » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Use Command object and Parameters collection / CreateParamter method
Stefan Zschocke

>How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO before
>calling it?
>We have a local working set that contains group.field items we'd like to
>query the SQL server database using stored procedures to return information
>based on the local information.

How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO

Post by Dave Smit » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Martin,

Use the Refresh method of the Command object to learn about the number and
types of parameters in a stored procedure.

--
Dave Smith
MCSE, MCT, MVP

Please post responses, I cannot reply to individual mail

>How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO before
>calling it?

How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO

Post by Marti » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Dave,
thanks for that. I looked up what you said and found article Q181199.

>Martin,

>Use the Refresh method of the Command object to learn about the number and
>types of parameters in a stored procedure.

>--
>Dave Smith
>MCSE, MCT, MVP

>Please post responses, I cannot reply to individual mail

>>How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO before
>>calling it?

1. How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO

How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO before
calling it?
We have a local working set that contains group.field items we'd like to
query the SQL server database using stored procedures to return information
based on the local information.

ie

LocalFtx.CreditType = 4
LocalFtx.Amount = 100
LocalFtx.ValueWedontknowyet

code to Query the stored procedures parameters collection

code to assign the local values to the input parameters collection where the
names match

Call stored procedure passing in parameters collection

Return values into local working set where names match

Thanks in advance Martin

2. equivalent for IIF (in VIEWS)

3. DB2 APIs from SQL PL ?

4. DTS lookup using stored procedure : one input and one output parameter

5. 2 small questions for the right person

6. Using Stored Procedure with Input/Output parameters

7. Install of Oracle 805 on red hat 6.1

8. Output parameter vs Input/Output parameter

9. ADO Parameter Refresh using Stored Procs

10. Output parameters from stored procs into Global variables.

11. Help !!! Stored Procs are not returning output parameters