SQL 7.0 Standard Edition vs. Enterprise Edition

SQL 7.0 Standard Edition vs. Enterprise Edition

Post by Chris Lon » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:33:47

Does anyone have a link to any documentation that states that SQL Server 7.0
Standard Edition cannot access 3GB of physical memory on a Windows NT 4.0
Enterprise Edition Server (I'm almost sure it can only access 2GB).

I am 95% sure you need the Enterprise Edition of SQL 7.0 to access 3GB of
memory on a NT 4.0 Enterprise Server with the /3GB switch.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris Long
Jacksonville, FL

SQL 7.0 Standard Edition vs. Enterprise Edition

Post by Doug Bas » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 04:38:50

You are correct.  See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/sql/8_ar_ts_8dbn.htm

--
Douglas Bass
QualChoice of NC

Quote:> Does anyone have a link to any documentation that states that SQL Server