Timeout Expired

Post by Saravmee » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 10:18:27

I am working with 30 lakh records and while creatimg
dimension ,get the following error:
  Unable to count the members of 'XYZ' levle.Unable to
open recordset.Error:timeout expired.
I had then installed latest service pack (Sql2kasp1.exe)
The error was resovled but now when my database size has
increased upto 60 lakh records same error is comimg.

plz help
regards
saravmeet

Timeout Expired

Post by BN » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 11:43:09

Hi, I have the same problem too..
Would appreciates it, if somebody could advice.

Thanks in advance...

Quote:> I am working with 30 lakh records and while creatimg
> dimension ,get the following error:
>   Unable to count the members of 'XYZ' levle.Unable to
> open recordset.Error:timeout expired.
> I had then installed latest service pack (Sql2kasp1.exe)
> The error was resovled but now when my database size has
> increased upto 60 lakh records same error is comimg.

> plz help
> regards
> saravmeet

Timeout Expired

Post by Jeff » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:44:46

I am also experiencing this error and have recently
upgraded to the enterprise edition. Maybe someone from MS
can let us know if this is a known bugaboo. ciao jr

Timeout Expired

Post by Pau » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:46:50

Saravmeet,

Is the 'XYZ' dimension created by multiple dimensions through the fact
table.  If so you may want to consider changeing you dimension table
to either a snow-flake of single table.  If, again, the dimension is a
product of other dimension tables, a work around is to process the the
dimensions that make up the 'XYZ' dimension first.

Paul

> I am working with 30 lakh records and while creatimg
> dimension ,get the following error:
>   Unable to count the members of 'XYZ' levle.Unable to
> open recordset.Error:timeout expired.
> I had then installed latest service pack (Sql2kasp1.exe)
> The error was resovled but now when my database size has
> increased upto 60 lakh records same error is comimg.

> plz help
> regards
> saravmeet

1. [OBDC SQL Server Driver][Timeout Expired] - How to reconfigure the timeout

When running a query on a very large database, I receive this error after
30-50 seconds:
[Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][Timeout Expired]

We are using NT and 98. I receive this error message running the queries on
the client and the server. We just switched over from Access 97, which was
unable to handle the amount of data. Using Access 97 ODBC pass-through
queries, we recevied a similar error message, but it was a simple fix -
select properties and change the timeout.

This doesn't happen with queries that return only a small number of rows.
The queries I am receiving the error message on are attempting to return 7-8
million rows.

The default timeout setting is 10 minutes, and so far that is the only
setting I can find.

I appreciate any help on this matter!

2. load file format for hierarchical data stores?

3. Timeout expired

4. Linux Terminal Emulator -> SCO for Progress

5. ODBC Timeout Expired

6. lock waitors entry in syslocks

7. Timeout Expired Error w/ SQL 7

8. ?[microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Timeout expired

9. ODBC SQL Server Driver: Timeout Expired (80040e31)

10. Timeout Expired

11. Timeout expired.