FTP Task: How Do You Dynamically Change the source file name and Destination File name

FTP Task: How Do You Dynamically Change the source file name and Destination File name

Post by Paul Goldstei » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 05:31:13

this ties in to my previos question, how do i dynamically pass in the file
name to transfer.  i cant find the property for the life of me

FTP Task: How Do You Dynamically Change the source file name and Destination File name

Post by Paul Goldstei » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 06:00:49

i am using the ftp task property "SoureFilename" and get a message saying
object doesnt support this method.  i am following the code directly from
the MSDN.

Post by Paul Goldstei » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 06:08:59

i am using the ftp task property "SoureFilename" and get a message saying
object doesnt support this method.  i am following the code directly from
the MSDN.

1. DTS Package Designer - Change Destination/Source File Name Dynamically

Is there a  way to modify dynamically, through scripting and or global
variables, the destination/source filename.  I have created a test DTS
pakage which performs all of the required transformation of data as it is
imported/exported to/from SQL and an Access file.  I need to be able to
change the filename for the destination/source connections at the start of
the DTS Package Execution.  The documentation makes it sound as though this
is something that is possible but I can not find an example of how to
implement this.

Thank You,
Chris Bywaters
Wolff Data Systems

2. SQL-Insert

3. Dynamically Changing the Destination File Name in a DTS Package

4. Portland, Oregon - Oracle Designer/2000 Programmer needed!

5. Dynamically changing DDQ's Text source file name

6. Question about relationships

7. Renaming the text file name as either a source or destination in DTS

8. Question2: Informix 4GL Programming

9. Using dynamic properties task to export to a dynamically named text file

10. Changing name on destination file

11. Automaticlly changing name of destination file

12. Dynamically changing folder AND file names