Output custom log file in SQL Server 7

Post by Jim Gearhar » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have been doing some work with SQL Server 7 Beta and am in need of some
assistance.

How can I output information to an external file from within a SQL statement
which is embedded in a DTS package.  I have a package that executes 30 or so
SQL statements and I want to report statistics such as time, date, and
records affected.  It seems that the solution should be straightforward but
I haven't found a solution yet.  ANy suggestions?

thanks in advance,

-JG

Output custom log file in SQL Server 7

Post by Kalen Delane » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Please post this question to the SQL 7 beta forum.

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP

>Hi,

>I have been doing some work with SQL Server 7 Beta and am in need of some
>assistance.

>How can I output information to an external file from within a SQL
statement
>which is embedded in a DTS package.  I have a package that executes 30 or
so
>SQL statements and I want to report statistics such as time, date, and
>records affected.  It seems that the solution should be straightforward but
>I haven't found a solution yet.  ANy suggestions?

>thanks in advance,

>-JG

1. Output Custom Log File in SQL Server 7

Hi,

I have been doing some work with SQL Server 7 Beta and am in need of some
assistance.

How can I output information to an external file from within a SQL statement
which is embedded in a DTS package.  I have a package that executes 30 or so
SQL statements and I want to report statistics such as time, date, and
records affected.  It seems that the solution should be straightforward but
I haven't found a solution yet.  ANy suggestions?

thanks in advance,

-JG

2. ODP: Tid range search

3. Output Custom LOg file in DTS???

4. Joining on last of several dates

5. Stored Procedure, Email and a log file (or an output file)

6. secure communication with sqlserver2000

7. Logging SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure Output

8. Apollo or other database code needed

9. Creating a custom error log file

10. SQL Server output results to a file.

11. XML file output from SQL Server 2000

12. SQL Server Agent Output files

13. output the query from SQL Server to MS EXCEL file