Cannot update the table Through View

Post by Peter Ho » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:03:00

Hi,
        I have linked some table to form a view, when I open the view, and
try to edit some data and then save, the sql server runs into not
responding.
Can I update the data through view. I have no aggregate function in the
view.

Thanks.

Post by Peter Ho » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:02:35

Hi,
        I have linked some table to form a view, when I open the view, and
try to edit some data and then save, the sql server runs into not
responding.
Can I update the data through view. I have no aggregate function in the
view.

Thanks.

1. want update view but update table

Dear all,

Please help !!!

on SQL Server 7, I have a view , ViewA that select from a table TableA

on VFP 6, a ADO(2.5) Recordset ,RS use source "Select * from ViewA order by
keyid desc".

When I run Update method,  it tell me access denied for update TableA.

why ADO select from ViewA, but update/insert from TableA.

2. Database Diagrams crash

3. Cannot update table through Enterprise manager (open table)

4. crystal report produces ORA-01007 error

5. Why cannot update this simple view?

6. Please HELP - Accessing same database from diferent workstations crashes P.SQL 2000

7. View problem - cannot update with a Join

8. Cannot Update Views via QBF.?

9. Cannot update view...

10. SQL Server update error: row cannot be update for updating

11. Cannot view tables in Enterprise Manager

12. ERROR 7303 I cannot view tables in linked Oracle server