Looking for info on reader/writer scenario

Looking for info on reader/writer scenario

Post by Boris Burti » Thu, 01 May 1997 04:00:00

I'm having some trouble setting up a news database.  I have between 10
and 20 users concurrently reading from the table of news stories.  In
the meanwhile, I need to insert new stories.

Can someone refer me to documents/books that offer solutions and
optimization hints for this scenario?  I'm using MS SQL Server 6.5, if
it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Boris Burtin
The Daily Rocket Company

1. Looking for info on reader/writer scenario

I'm having some trouble setting up a news database.  I have between 10
and 20 users concurrently reading from the table of news stories.  In
the meanwhile, I need to insert new stories.

Can someone refer me to documents/books that offer solutions and
optimization hints for this scenario?  I'm using MS SQL Server 6.5, if
it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Boris Burtin
The Daily Rocket Company

2. Datagrid do not bind to Access 2000

3. Reader/Writer Question

4. Urgent: JDBC connect to DB2, SQL Exception : code page conversion error

5. Writers block readers

6. Problem with delphi 1, dBase IV, TDBMemo

7. Concurrency/reader-writer problem

8. Reportsmith

9. VB Acrobat Writer / Reader and signature

10. Native Java .DBF reader/writer

11. clipper MEM reader and writer

12. Writer not stop Reader ?

13. Concurrency/reader-writer problem