How to profile and develop remotely

Post by Dwayne Nelso » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:36:30

I am new to Microsoft SQL Server, but I have some limited database/sql
experience.  I am setting up a web site (ASP & VBScript) using an ISP.  I am
initially going with an ISP that is running Microsoft SQL Server 2000.  I
have most of it up and running, just using MS Access connecting to the ISP's
SQL Server, and now I want to profile my queries and possibly use some other
tools to make sure my design and implementation will be right (some of the
stored procedures seem a little intense to me).
What do I need?  Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition?  I read about the
MS SQL Profiler...or are there some other tools that I would need?  If I get
MS Server Developer Edition do I need a dedicated machine for it just for
profiling?
Ultimately I plan to run my own SQL Server once I have the site fully
developed.  I don't think I'm pushing the limits of technolgy, but I do want
to be sure my site can go live without any performance problems.

Thanks!

1. How to profile and develop remotely

[...]

2. Question about User Connections

3. Architect Question: Creating profile and sub-profile

4. PDOXWIN: Form that won't run -- HELP

5. SQL*Plus site profile/user profile on Solaris

6. Developper 2000 - Reports 4.5 temp directory

7. Remotely Connect to Windows 2000

8. SQL 6.5 and indexes

9. Enforce / update database structure remotely

10. How to manage own DB remotely via SQL user account

11. Connecting to the SQL server remotely

12. DTS remotely

13. Remotely setting up Data transformations