SQL Server 7.0 - Data Transformation Services - backing up?

SQL Server 7.0 - Data Transformation Services - backing up?

Post by Ruvan Fernand » Tue, 06 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello

Does anyone know how to backup all the Local Packages created? And is it me
or is it not possible to setup the Local Packages to be included with a
specific database?

And another thing.. how do I transfer all the packages to another SQL
Server?

(All on SQL Server 7)

Thanks for sharing,

Please email also,

Software Developer.

1. SQL 7.0 Data Transformation Services - Can not transfer all objects

Hello all,

I am trying to export data from one SQL 7 server to another. I am having
some trouble with the SQL 7 DTS.  From server A I can transfer all tables to
table B. But if I want to transfer all objects I run into some problems.

I have tried transferring using OLE and ODBC for SQL Server and get the same
results. The process will start, DTS will complete all scripting.
Enumerating objects to be dropped on destination occurs, and after objects
on destination DB the transfer fails.
I get this error

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Line 1: Incorrect Syntax
near 's'

Any tips on how I can fix this error on server A or how I can transfer all
objects?
Thanks
Kevin Swedberg
Northern Software

2. The World's First Useful Test Data Generator

3. SQL 7.0 Data Transformation Services

4. libcrypt.so.2

5. Btrieve to SQL Server using Data Transformation Services and Data Direct ODBC Driver

6. Backing up and Restoring a SQL Server database

7. SQL6.5 to SQL 7.0 using Data transformation services does not copy indexes etc over

8. DBGrid : Index out of range ????

9. Ann: Microsoft SQL Server DTS: Tips and Tricks Using Data Transformation Services chat

10. Data Transformation from MS SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 8.0 using DTS

11. Data transformation from SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 8.0 using DTS

12. Data Transformation from SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 8.0

13. SQL Server 6.5 Back ups