Problem changing sql sa-account password and sms

Problem changing sql sa-account password and sms

Post by SJZ » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

We encounter a problem when trying to change the standard 'sa'
sql-account's password:
Things seem to be as normal, but messages are created in the Event Log
saying some services couldn't log in:

-Event ID: 245
-Source:   SMS
-Type:     Information
-Information from module: SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER.
-
- Operation:   Validation
- Object:      MIF
- Object name: SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER
-
- A MIF could not be processed and has been moved to file
D:\TOOLS\SMS\site.srv\dataload.box\deltamif.col\BADMIFS\00000003.MIF.

and:

-Event ID: 245
-Source:   SMS
-Type:     Information
-Site Hierarchy Manager   [SMS Build 786] :  Site Hierarchy Manager is not
functional. Unable to make connection to SQL Server NT1.
-MachineName = NT1
-SiteCode = SJZ
-Component = SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER

Note: SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER is running when the event above appears.
If we change the password back everything is just fine!

Hope somebody can help us out here, we already searched Microsoft Technet
for the answer.
Greetings, Ben Stege.

Please mail us at:

Problem changing sql sa-account password and sms

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Ben,

You have to configure the SMS services to use the new SQL Server sa
password (the information is stored in the site servers registry,
enchrypted).
This is done from SMS setup program.
--

Instructor (MCT, MCSE, MCSD)
Cornerstone Sweden AB

> We encounter a problem when trying to change the standard 'sa'
> sql-account's password:
> Things seem to be as normal, but messages are created in the Event Log
> saying some services couldn't log in:

> -Event ID: 245
> -Source:   SMS
> -Type:     Information
> -Information from module: SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER.
> -
> - Operation:   Validation
> - Object:      MIF
> - Object name: SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER
> -
> - A MIF could not be processed and has been moved to file
> D:\TOOLS\SMS\site.srv\dataload.box\deltamif.col\BADMIFS\00000003.MIF.

> and:

> -Event ID: 245
> -Source:   SMS
> -Type:     Information
> -Site Hierarchy Manager   [SMS Build 786] :  Site Hierarchy Manager is
not
> functional. Unable to make connection to SQL Server NT1.
> -MachineName = NT1
> -SiteCode = SJZ
> -Component = SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER

> Note: SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER is running when the event above appears.
> If we change the password back everything is just fine!

> Hope somebody can help us out here, we already searched Microsoft Technet
> for the answer.
> Greetings, Ben Stege.

> Please mail us at:

1. Password of SA account changed

I have a SQL Server 6.5. Somebody changed the password of the SA account. I
would like to make a full SQL Server database to move it to another NT
server.
If I cannot logon onto this SQL Server, is there a way to rebuild the
database that I need to a SQL Server 7.0 from the DAT files?

I will appreciate help.

Tonci Korsano MCPS, MCP

2. system renaming constraints?

3. problem with replication when changing sa password

4. cannot modify user

5. Problems with changing sa password

6. US-CA-ORACLE PROPERTY MANAGER FUNCTIONAL LEAD

7. Can't Run ADP after sa password change on sql server

8. password to enter the informix web services

9. changing sa password on SQL 6.5 - how ?

10. changing the sa password on SQL 6.5 - how ?

11. changing sa password on SQL 6.5 - how ?

12. SQL Agent will not start after changing sa password

13. changing sa password on SQL 6.5 - how ?