Pls Help... SQL Server Login failure

Post by Mans » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 07:24:28

Quote:> For security features I had changed the password  thru my VB application
of
> 'sa'  account by
> sp_password . Now i cant logon to the SQL-Server with the new password,
the
> error returned is the NT user account login failure  'domain/username' but
> have removed the NT login account from the database so there is no login
> allowed for NT users accounts, I am using sql server login. I dont

understand why this NT > error message  is coming I am trying to log to the
database using the sa and changed
Quote:> password. I can start the MSSql Server and MSDTC services but the SQL
Server
> Agent is not starting.

> I don't know why this happen!!!! Can anyone Help ME!!!

>  Thanks!!!

Pls Help... SQL Server Login failure

Post by Lask » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 20:45:42

Goto Control panel->services->Double click on the SQL Server agent-> change
the user password of the NT user that the service is using.
I think thats where the Agent interacts with the NT account. You may have
changed the NT user/pwd too...

Laski...]

Quote:

> > For security features I had changed the password  thru my VB application
> of
> > 'sa'  account by
> > sp_password . Now i cant logon to the SQL-Server with the new password,
> the
> > error returned is the NT user account login failure  'domain/username'
but
> > have removed the NT login account from the database so there is no login
> > allowed for NT users accounts, I am using sql server login. I dont
> understand why this NT > error message  is coming I am trying to log to
the
> database using the sa and changed
> > password. I can start the MSSql Server and MSDTC services but the SQL
> Server
> > Agent is not starting.

> > I don't know why this happen!!!! Can anyone Help ME!!!

> >  Thanks!!!

1. Pls Help- Oracle Applications 11.5.7 on Win2K Advanced Server Install Failure

I am trying to install OA-11i (Release 11.5.7) on Windows 2000
Advanced Server. After I read various Oracle Applications 11.5.7
installation/configuration documentations, I put together the
following procedure and go with it:

1.  Installed JDK 1.3.1 on W2K advanced server.
2.  Installed MDAC 2.6
3.  Installed Visual Studio 6.0 and Visual Studio 6.0 service pack 5.
I specified C:\vs6\common as the folder for common files as
recommended by Microsoft.
As a result, my Visual C++ is under C:\vs6\vc98 and the msdev98 is
under C:\vs6\common\msdev98.
4.  Installed MKS Toolkit for Enterprise Developer 8.1 under \mksnt
directory.
5.  Download gnumake file utilities tar-1.11.2a.exe from gnu ftp site
and rename that to tar.exe
6.  Download make-3.78.1.tar.gz from gnu ftp site and rename it as
make-3_78_1_tar.gz then put it under C:\gnumake directory
7.  Untar the file:   C:\gnumake>tar -xvzf make-3_78_1_tar.gz
8.  C:\gnumake\make-3.78.1> vcvars32
9.  C:\gnumake\make-3.78.1>build_w32

Based on the messages I captured during the build, I knew the build
had failed.
The build process can't open include file: "'config.h': No such file
or directory". I also noticed the linking problem. "LIB: fatal error
LNK1181: cannot open input file ".\WinRel/sub_proc.obj" ...

I did went in and check the system variable path. For sure the
directory that contains config.h was part of it.

I let Oracle Applications Installer to do the preinstallation check
and it told me about the linking failure as part of the System Utility
check.

None of the Oracle documentations mention anything about using Visual
Studio 6.0 but that is the only thing I have and the Visual Studio
includes Visual C++ 6.0 in it. During Oracle Application
preinstallation check, I overwrote the MSDEV98 directory as
C:\vs6\common\MSDEV98 (The one shown to me by OA was C:\MSDEV but
because of the visual studio, MSDEV98 actually is in
C:\vs\common\MSDEV98 directory)

I also repeated the whole procedure using gnu make-3.77 instead. I saw
no difference in terms of the error messages.

I am not sure if the use of Visual Studio actually is the reason for
failing System Utility check during pre-installation. Can someone help
me interpreting the linking error? Thanks a million !

Jesse

2. pl/sql tables and cursors

3. SQL server task fails-sql executive login failure-

4. CAN - Senior Oracle Database Administrator

5. SQL Server V6.5 Enterprise Manager Login Failure

6. why is it necessary to initialize disk space?

7. SQL 2000 Server Error 1069 Login Failure

8. Sybase and very large RAID devices

9. SQL Server Login Failure with MDAC 2 (again, with new email)

10. login failure 1069 unable to start sql server after changing NT password

11. SQL Server MAPI login failure

12. How To Aviod SQL Server Login Failure Dialog Box through Visual Basic

13. Login failure with SQL 6.5 Server