Distribution agent fails on Replication

Post by Mike Ganno » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:31:17

All;
        We are using data replication across similar platforms (NT server 4.0 w/
sp 6, SQL 7.0 w/ sp3) across our network. The Publisher and Distributor are on
the same machine. The Subscription is pushed to the other machine. It is set to
run every hour from 5 am to 5 pm, M-F. The Distribution Agent fails after the
last run of the day. The next morning, I have to come in and enable the
distribution again. As I don't get here by 5, the first two repls are missed. Not
mission critical, but annoying.

        Have deleted and recreated the publication, publisher and distributor
several times to see if I can make a difference. No joy. Have changed the times
of the distribution several times to see if it was interferring with any other
jobs. No joy. Have found no other documentation.

        Please let us know what we can do to correct this problem. Thank you.

1. Merge Replication , Agent Distribution failed.

I have this problem,  In my Merge replication we delete
500k of reg and the replication of  those datas was in
process when we restar the NEt Server, but when the NT
Start again and the SQL server services start to, the
replication can not be linked whit my subscriptor, and the
only message of error that i got is the follow.

From my Replication Agent.
  Step 3, Detect Nonloged agent shutdown> Began executing
{and a Date here}

The remote procedure call failed an did not execute.
SQLSatat 42000

Any Help, will be great.
Regards.

2. Sql programming, need help

3. Transactionl Replication distribution agent failing

4. TEMP dbspaces

5. Distribution agent fails

6. ]]]]]]

7. Distribution Agent Fails

8. Distribution Agent Fails During Insert from Custom App

9. 7.0 Distribution agent failed stored ..

10. Distribution Agent Fails (Transactional Publication)

11. Distribution Agent Error - Publication Failed to Push

12. Distribution Agent failing