Default password

Post by Srin » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

What is the default password for the system user 'dbo'?

Thanks in advance.

Srini

Post by Kalen Delane » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

dbo is a user name is a database, not a login name. There is never a
password for a user name. Please read about the difference between logins
and users in the Books Online.

If you mean the login 'sa', which becomes the user 'dbo' in every database,
in SQL 7 the default password is no password.

HTH

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP

Quote:> Hi,

> What is the default password for the system user 'dbo'?

> Thanks in advance.

> Srini

Post by Carlos Eduardo Roja » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

dbo is a database user, and database users don't have passwords.
The difference between users and logins is the following (posted by Itzik
Ben-Gan a while ago):
Using a login, you get access to the house (sql server, in this case), and
then a database user allows you to get in the rooms (databases).
--
Hope this helps,,
Carlos Eduardo Rojas

Quote:> Hi,

> What is the default password for the system user 'dbo'?

> Thanks in advance.

> Srini

1. What is the default password for the postgres user in the default

        Anyone know what the default password is for the postgres user? When
trying to use createuser, the password for the postgres user is asked. What
is that default password? I searched all through the docs but couldn't find
it.

Thanks.

2. Import to SQL ES from MSDE

3. What is SA's default password?

4. clustered-Segments

5. what is default password for SQL6.5?

6. SQL 7 IO STRESS

7. default password

8. Renaming devices

9. SQL server default password...

10. default password of distributor_admin

11. Default Password for SA?

12. Default Password for SQL Server on Install?

13. default password for sql server